Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Feels good to grow older!


"I like the feel of your name on my lips
And I like the sound of your sweet gentle kiss
The way that your fingers run through my hair
And how your scent lingers even when you're not there
And I like the way your eyes dance when you laugh...."

'Boyzone' had set the mood on!
Music has that power! A strong pull! It takes you back in time to when you first heard it or when you often use to hear it, if it's an old record. At the same time, it sets up some new memory cells getting born in your mind's database, especially if it's the new track on the speaker.
Soon I found myself glancing in the mirror. Perhaps the only true physical reflection that had a lot to say! As I ran my fingers through my hair and focussed my gaze on the partition, I acknowledged the grey hair follicles depicting adulthood. I hope I've used my 'grey cells' well and wish to keep exercising them regularly keeping those neurons filled with vigor!

Thirty four years on this planet. What pride! Each day is life earned and lived well! Every passing day being a new learning! Did I ever imagine I would learn to swim in my twenties and my Karate training would begin in my thirties! Numbers are mere records to let the doctor know how biologically old the mass of body we're carrying is. It's the feeling and the enjoyment of belonging to the world that keeps us high spirited. 

If I ponder on how gracefully I'd like to age and foresee myself draped in those gorgeous six yards of Cotton or Silk, donning a bigger 'Bindi' and a natural grey hairdo, I'd be losing the present! On the eve of birthday, all I would focus on would be to live the greatest blessing, called 'Life'!
Time to have some cake. Cheers!