Thursday, August 27, 2020

Dear Nani ji!



I remember you again today, it happens every other day
The day I prepare your patent, 'कड़ी '!
You called it 'बेसन' ; one of your finesse 
Mouth watering it was for me then as well as now
My entire neighbourhood knew when that cauldron was put and how
'coz I loved to sing praises of you then
Granny is every child's best friend

Those inland letters,those postcards you'd write
I secured them right by my bedside.
You weren't schooled yet you could never be fooled
The wordly affairs you handled with dignity and pride
Every challenge, every outcome you took in your stride
I remember the day I missed school when I was down
You mentored me,guided me sternly how youth is a crown
The responsibility and strength to hold that crown
Comes from our will and the blessings you shower upon

We had decades of difference 
But no generation gap, that was the essence!
I see the same between my children and their 'Nani'
Am grateful the genes have transferred in many
The family tree you created and nurtured
Has borne fruits rich and cultured
Each of them shining bright in their world
Am sure you watch us all from heavens above

I missed you the most when you breathed your last
In papa's arms you finally passed
Calm and serene,
You were graceful as you've always been!

A part of your soul reverberates in all of us
The safe haven you created,thus!

Love you, dear Nani ji!


      - राम राम 🙏🏻
                 Megha Sharma